During National Recovery Month, Santa Fe’s sixth annual “Rally for Recovery” brings the success of those in recovery and the continuing challenges of those struggling with addiction, mental illness, and other stigmatized illnesses into public awareness. This year’s rally highlights recovery success stories, especially Certified Peer Support Workers who are using their lived experience to bring hope to others. It also highlights the power of artistic creation in recovery. Recovery Santa Fe, the Santa Fe Chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness, Santa Fe’s Friendship Club, the Santa Fe Recovery Center, Life Healing Center and other organizers are holding this event to energize our community’s support for the more than 10,000 Santa Feans in recovery and the many more seeking help to start recovery.
As Chris Wendel, Recovery Santa Fe’s co-founder says “we’ll make true progress healing our community’s addiction epidemic when we all understand recovery through the eyes of people with lived experience. This is the best way to ‘shatter the stigma and shame’ so more people feel safe seeking help”. This year’s rally includes:
• Recovery Stories—on stage, on the Recovery Wall, at the recovery video recording center, and person-to-person
• A celebration of Santa Fe Certified Peer Support Workers (CPSW) and information on the CPSW program and employment opportunities.
• Recovery Help Center where people seeking treatment and support can find answers
• Family Support Center where families supporting a struggling loved one can get support and information
• Recovery art show (co-sponsored with Meow Wolf) because art is part of so many people’s recovery
• Art Healing Center where attendees can make their own art during the rally (co-sponsored with Meow Wolf)
• Recovery Support Pet Appreciation Center
• Our Mayor reading Santa Fe’s Recovery Day Proclamation
• Our elected leaders speaking about their support for Recovery
• Opportunity to share your opinion with elected leaders and candidates for office
• Free lunch
• A chance to win tickets to Meow Wolf at our Recovery Drawing
• Over 50 recovery exhibits about treatment, support, resources, housing, opportunity, 12-Step, and recovery groups
• Wise Fool entertainers, face painting, popcorn, a photo booth, and games for kids